You are here
January 11, 2018
Praying for Families
Elder Letter by Jeff Palmeter
As you know the elders have called our church to pray. For 744 consecutive hours in January, we are going to devote ourselves to Scripture saturated prayer focusing on 5 specific areas in the life of our church.
Let me ask you to take time this week to pray for families in our church.
First, pray for HEALTHY MARRIAGES:
- - A deeper biblical understanding of marriage and a commitment to purity and holiness (Ephesians 5:22-33; Genesis 2:18-25; Hebrews 13:4).
- - That husbands and wives joyfully embrace and live out their God-given roles within the family and the church (Colossians. 3:18-19; 1 Peter 3:1-7).
- - We remain centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5:31-32; Ephesians 2:1-10).
I am convinced from Scripture that a low view of marriage leads to a low view of the church and a low view of the church leads to a low view of marriage.
Second, pray for HEALTHY DISCIPLESHIP:
- - Families would allow Scripture to determine how they raise their children, not our culture (Deuteronomy 6:7; Ephesians 6:1-4; Psalm 127:3-5).
- - Families would be a place of grace, love, and care (1 Timothy 5:4,8; Mark 7:9-13; Titus 2:4-6).
- - Grandparents would understand their role (Psalm 78:4-7; Titus 2:1-5).
- - Those who are not married to see their identity in Christ and their importance in the church (Romans 12:10-13; 1 Corinthians 7:6-9).
Third, pray for HEALTHY MISSION:
- - Families would teach and live out a #Share1515 culture (John 15:15; Matthew 28:16-20).
- - We would send well (Matthew 9:37-38; Acts 13:1-4).
- - Ask for God’s favor as we Reach the Unreached, Plant Churches, Send Disciples, Train Leaders, and Serve the Vulnerable (Acts 1:8; John 20:21).
Thank you for praying with us.
Grace and peace,
Jeff Palmeter serves as the Global Outreach Pastor at Tri-Cities Baptist Church. Jeff is married to his wife Beth and they have three children (Whitney, Abby, and Andrew).